- To download SurvOPT, Seafloor Planner or QuickPLOT Pro, you need a password. If you don’t have a password, use the password request form at the top of the downloads page.
- Next choose a version to download. The latest stable versions of SurvOPT, Seafloor Planner and QuickPLOT Pro will always be available from the downloads page.
- Now run the Installer. You’ll see a series of dialogs:
- The first will ask if you want to check for a later version: Click Yes.
You’ll see a message telling you whether you have the latest stable version.
- You will be given options to choose the installation directory (the default is C:\Program Files), and to choose whether to create shortcuts for all users.
- After running through the above options the software will finish installing, which will take a few moments.
- The software will open, along with the User Manual. (You may like to read the “What’s New” page of the User Manual to find out about new features included in the version that you have just installed.
Note: Installation must be done by an administrator user account. If you’re having trouble installing the software, try either logging in to the computer using an administrator-level user account, or running the software “as administrator” (right-click on the installer and select Run as Adminstrator).
- If you do not yet have a license installed, the Licensing dialog will pop up and you’ll need to obtain a license.
- Click the “Request License” button: A Request License dialog will open.
- Fill in the Licensee details and follow the prompts to generate an email containing the information required by Engenius to generate an appropriate license.
- We’ll respond as quickly as possible with your new license, which you will need to enter into the license dialog. We will include more detailed instructions for this along with your license.
- Once a license has been successfully installed, the dialog will update to show the new license details and expiry date.
- Close the Licensing dialog to start using the software.
You can check on the status of your license anytime by selecting Help menu->License
- A license request can be generated by anyone with access to the software. However, license installation must be done by an administrator user account. If you’re having trouble installing the license, try either logging in to the computer using an administrator-level user account, or running the software “as administrator”.
- More detailed licensing steps and screenshots are can be found on the Licensing page in the SurvOPT and QuickPLOT Pro user manuals. (Press F1 withing the software to open the user manual, or go to Help menu->User Manual.)
- SurvOPT, Seafloor Planner and QuickPLOT Pro are separate products and as such, require separate licenses. QuickPLOT standard version installs with SurvOPT and runs off SurvOPT’s license.